Cellnex Telecom acquired Towerlink Netherlands B.V. and Shere Masten B.V. in 2016 and Alticom B.V. in 2017. The three companies jointly own over 790 telecom sites for the distribution of mobile data communication and telecommunication. Our main customers interested in telecom infrastructure services are the Dutch Mobile Network Operators KPN, Vodafone, T-Mobile and Tele2. The towers are distributed across the country and are being managed by a team of professionals from the centrally located office in Reeuwijk.
Shere Masten, who joined Cellnex Telecom in October 2016, is an independent tower operator in The Netherlands and owns around 500 towers and sites, most of which were acquired from KPN in 2011 and 2012. The towers are distributed across the country and are being managed by a team of professionals from the centrally located office in Reeuwijk. A small part of the towers are purpose built advertisement towers.
Towerlink Netherlands, also an independent tower company in The Netherlands, who was acquired already by Cellnex Telecom in July 2016, owns 261 towers located throughout the Netherlands. 80% of these infrastructures are located in areas close to the main national road corridors and the remaining 20% are located in urban and rural areas.
Alticom B.V., who joined Cellnex Telecom in September 2017, operates 30 long-range, high-capacity telecommunications towers (including the famous Gerbrandy Tower, the largest Christmas tree in the world) and sites for transmission equipment for voice, data and audiovisual content operators. These provide location services for wireless telecommunications transmission equipment; location of servers and access to the optical fibre network.